Kroo is a digital bank that offers a current account, money management features and rewards. It’s a great option for people who want a smart and social way to manage an account in the UK. Creating an account is super easy as long as you have a UK address.
- Earn 4.35% AER interest on current account balance (much higher than most other banks)
- Zero fees when spending abroad
- Use Groups to share money with up to 10 people with a contactless card for each member
- UK-based customer support via phone or chat
- Fully-licensed UK bank with FSCS protection
- Donates 1% of its profits to charity and has a carbon-neutral banking policy.
What you need
To open a bank account with Kroo in the UK, you must:
- be at least 18 years old.
- live in the UK or have a UK address.
- have a valid form of identification:
- driving licence
- national ID card.
- have a proof of address within the last 3 months
- install the Kroo app.
1. Download the Kroo app
2. Create your Kroo account
Once installed, start creating your Kroo account by tapping on “Get started”. You will need to provide some details that will be verified later in the process. There are no hard credit checks or monthly fees when registering.
Personal Current Account
Kroo’s current account pays 4.35% AER interest on FSCS-protected balances up to £85,000, you can apply for an overdraft and use the debit card abroad with zero fees. Plus, you can control your card and PIN in-app and use Apple Pay & Google Pay for added security.
Kroo currently only offers one account type but has plans to expand the selection.
3. Verify your identity
You can verify your identity and details by simply taking a selfie and scanning your documents using the app. Make sure that your documents are valid, clear and not damaged. The verification process is usually quick – you can check the status of your application in the app.
4. Order your debit card
Once you have verified your identity, you will receive your debit card by post within 3 working days. You will need to activate your card before using it by entering the last 4 digits of the long card number into the app. You can easily control or order a replacement card from the app too.
5. Set up your app
Get familiar with the app since your account is ready to use. Set up biometric security, turn on notifications for account activity and explore the budget and savings features. You can also invite friends and family to join your Group account for joint money management.
6. Start using your Kroo account
Finally, deposit money into your account and start using it for your everyday banking needs. Make the most of Kroo’s rewards and additional features such as:
- Cashback: Earn cashback on selected purchases from partner brands such as Amazon, Netflix, Spotify, Uber Eats, and more.
- Rewards: Earn rewards points for every transaction you make with your card which can be redeemed from partner brands such as Starbucks, Tesco and ASOS.
If you want to manage your money even closer, connect your new Kroo account to Emma – the smart money app that helps you budget, save and build credit history. Emma lets you see all your accounts in one place, so you can easily compare your income and expenses across different categories. Emma also offers features that Kroo doesn’t, such as rent reporting for tenants, accurate net-worth tracking and predictive bill reminders. By linking your Kroo account to Emma, you can take advantage of both apps’ benefits and maximise your financial health.